LIT 111

LIT 111

Friday, October 11, 2013

HAIKU POEMS

over the wintry 
forest winds howl in may
with no winds to blow

 morning glory
 the well bucket-entangled, 
I ask for water

fresh scent— 
the labrador's muzzle 
deeper into snow

Snow in my shoe 
Abandoned 
Sparrow's nest

Refreshing and cool,
love is a sweet summer rain 
that washes the world.

Love is like winter
Warm breaths thaw cold hearts until 
one day the spring comes

A bird flies sweetly
on paper wings. Telling all 
of my love for you.

Every day I will
love you more than you could know. 
We are here as one.

The softest whisper
beckons me closer to you. 
I love you, dearest.


Vast as a mountain,
my love for you shines through for 
all the world to see.



Hope you're surrounded
By people and things you love
On your special day.
 
Five Little Monkeys
makes my son giggle and clap
Let's read it again


A silent house echos
With memories of the child
Who now sleeps dreaming


In summer we run
Free from cares and worries
Winter brings us home


Wading in the surf.
Though born on another shore,
I smell my own youth.


The search for wisdom
Must now continue elsewhere;
No file can be found.


We all have stories;
No word count fulfills all needs.
Just write; It's All Good.


Butterflies beat wings
A storm rages in China
spoken words change worlds



Pebbles tossed from shore
May give birth to mighty waves
Past the horizon


still uninspired
yet feeling the need to write
I guess I need sleep


There's better haiku
out in the whispering wind
Listen to voices


Four syllable words
do not go well with haiku 
no serenity



The flowers outside
Hide under snow until spring
like shy teenage girls


the microphone
five beats, then seven, then five
haiku poetry


How long has it been
Since I last saw you, my friend?
Will it happen again?


Now that I've lost you
What do I do when you're here
With you, without you


Saturday Morning
Christopher is now awake
I'd better get up.


I knew the Spiders
The Nazz, with god-given ass
Ziggy played guitar


My son is teething
Howling screams of betrayal
I sufffer with him


An experiment
To talk only in Haiku
Flowers in Winter


My son Rodolfo
Bangs loudly on a tin drum
He creates Thunder


Butterflies hatch.
Bees drink the juice from flowers.
Bees fly everywhere.


FROGS jumping around
Frogs hopping away from snakes
Frogs doing cool tricks


Birds chirping a lot
People singing all the time
Birds are going south!



Birds and bees flying
Soft blades of grass on my feet
New flowers blooming


Baseball is starting
Spring is finally here yes!
The bees are buzzing.


Flowers are blooming
Bursts of colors come alive
Fragrant smells around us!


Spring, nature wakes up
Flowers and trees are blooming
Animals are coming out


Tulips are blooming
Sun is out and shinning bright
Green grass is growing


Birds chirping their song,
Building their nest for their home
Getting ready for spring


Beaches are open
Strong waves are hitting the rocks
Kids are coming back.


I hear birds singing.
Birds are chirping everywhere.
Their wings touch the sky.

Nature blooms, It's spring
Flowers awake from their nap
Cool breezes on my face

Leaves flying around
The leaves are touching my head
Smell the fresh crisp air


Butterflies are flying
Their orange wings touch the sun
They perch on fresh leaves


No school in summer.
Swimming in the cool water.
Sipping lemonade


Spring flowers burst their color.
Birds fly back to their North home.
Animals hatching.


In spring flowers bloom.
In spring animals come out.
Best of all...it's warm


Children are playing
Flowers blooming from the sun
Nature feeling good


Bees buzzing, it's spring
Nature wakes up from its nap
While the wind blew softly


Green grass in April
Birds begin to sing in trees
Children playing outside


Thanksgiving alone
ordering eggs and toast
in an undertone


alone on the road
in the wake of the hearse
dust on my shoes


what is loneliness
look at the window
see the empty tree

No comments:

Post a Comment